HOW ABOUT A CUP OF COFFEE?

A Cup Of Coffee

Len of myownheart has asked that I join her for a virtual cup of coffee. Len and I agreed we’d most enjoy meeting at a brick-and-mortar coffee house with extended hours. We have much we’d like to share with each other. Thank you Len for inviting me to join you.

1.)      How many cups of coffee per day do I drink? It varies, depending on what I’m doing. If I’m working at the computer or reading, I might have six to eight. If I’m in the gardens, the number goes down to about two cups. And, if we’re having a leisurely dinner out and the conversation is flowing, I’ll indulge in ten or more.

2.)      What is your favorite caffeine delivery system? Venti non-fat latte (hot in winter and iced in summer).

3.)      What was your best cup of coffee? Served with breakfast in bed with the option of doing exactly what I wanted that the day.

4.)      What was your worst cup of coffee? Army coffee.

5.)      What does your favorite mug say? If you pray for rain, be prepared to deal with some mud.

6.)      How do you drink your coffee? Splash of cream.

7.)      When was your first cup? I don’t remember.

8.)      Have you ever gone on a coffee or tea date? I’ve spent many a lazy afternoon in days gone by gathering with friends discussing the ways of the world and many other subjects. I miss those days.

It’s now my turn to invite blogging friends to join me for a virtual cup of coffee or tea (their preference):

Jane

Denise

Marney

Holly

Patty

Mr. Bowie

Florence

Cornelia

Vidocq

Vincent

Mae

I’ve met so many interesting blogging friends, I’d love to sit and share a real cup of coffee with each of them. It’s difficult making choices. I do love to talk over a good cup of coffee whether it’s in a tiny bistro in a small village in Bavaria where having coffee is an event, a coffee house in Georgetown near the Potomac, a cozy establishment where the lights are low and jazz plays softly in the background or a brightly lit Starbucks—I’m game for each and every one. Where would you like to meet for coffee?

Aside | This entry was posted in Awards and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to HOW ABOUT A CUP OF COFFEE?

1. I didn’t drink coffee until ten year’s ago and even then it was only because there was chocolate in it. Since then I have become a bit of a cafe mocha fiend. I would love to join you in the coffee house of your choice, Sheri, and then invite you to come to Choopy’s in Antibes some time when I am there. You would love it!

2. Well, I’m there with you, for sure! I don’t have many people I’d like to share a cup of coffee with, but you and the others you nominated sound right up my alley. I always order a decaf latte tall extra extra hot then I put tons of sugar in it! But, you know what? Just the other day I had a California Gold (or something like that) cup of decaf from a Starbucks carafe in a Lexus dealership! It was delicious with no sugar! I think I’m hooked.
    Thank you for thinking of me when you want a friend to share a cup of coffee and a table with, Sheri. I’d be honored.

3. Herman says:

Hi Sheri! What a coincidence, I was just having an arpeggio espresso when reading your post. Thank you for this virtual cup of coffee invitation. Bowie’s wondering if he can get a cup of cat milk…

4. This is a very cute idea, I will stop by soon with my cup of coffee or tea in my case! And one day maybe we can sit down and enjoy a cuppa in person! ❤ Blessings – Patty

5. I would LOVE to sit with you a while and have a cup of coffee or tea. Especially in Bavaria (or anywhere) where they treat it as an event. How special! This was a fun post. I liked getting to know you in a quirky kind of way.

Coffee and writers just naturally go together, Sheri. What a fun post. Thanks for inviting me. I used to be stritcly a tea drinker, but I made the switch to coffee a few years ago. I love a good coffee shop with wi-fi, books for reading, and great discussion. Coffee shops are a wonderful place to hang out with friends and catch up, or just retreat into some creative time.

7. Thanks for inviting me. I’ll have green or white tea instead – I always travel with my tea as my favorite brands (loose leaves of Green Earl Grey and Silver Yin Zhen Pearls) are hard to get.

8. Uzoma says:

This is beautiful, Sheri. Coffee time with good friends sounds great. It’s amazing you can talk few more coffee-related stuffs along the way. So what happens to folks who rarely take coffee–people like me?

• Uzoma – You’ll always be welcome to join any conversation at a table where I’m having coffee. I often meet friends to just hang out and discuss politics, the writing industry in general, where we are in our current WIP, listen to jazz, and the list goes on and on. Matter of fact, I became so addicted to one coffee house in particular that if I wasn’t there by 2:00 at the latest, the owner felt it was his civic duty to call and wake me up to ensure I was coming in that day. My coffee house days are a hold over from a living many years along the central coast of California and it was such an important part of m live, with each move we make, it’s an element of daily living that I reestablish the routine immediately. You my friend are invited to coffee. Now who would you like to invite for coffee or tea? The ball is in your court for a new blog:) Dodn’t I turn that around nicely?

• Uzoma – I realized I didn’t answer one of your questions – the one about for people who rarely take coffee–people like you. Most coffee houses in the US now have a complete range of select tea products to pick from. I’ll sometimes have a cup of tea myself, especially if I’ve already had several cups of coffee and want a change for awhile. Asking someone to coffee is pretty universal to the understanding of they may have coffee, tea, or other beverage of their choice. No one is left out, ever. It’s divine to share friendship in a relaxed environment.

• Uzoma says:

You do 😀 I’d like to invite all my friends here but it seems the rule expects me to invite only a few right? I like to take either ginger or lemon tea.

9. Sheri, this is wonderful thank you for sharing this cup or pot or two;)!

• I had fun and consumed a couple vinti lattes in the process of preparing the post. It also brought back some wonderful memories of days gone by. I’ve also marked on my husbands and daily calendar that we will be returning to the coffee house circuit on a more regular basis. With surgeries and all, we’ve both missed the special environment where everyone knows your name and they are happy to have you for as long as you want to stay.

Since I’m not a coffee drinker, I’ll have a cup ‘o tea instead! Licorice or lemon ginger are two of my current favorites! I love the smell of coffee, but have never liked the flavor. Coffee shops are great places to have girl chats, work on a NaNo novel, or just people watch!
    Thanks for the invitation, Sheri! 😉

• Denise – I love hanging out at a coffee house for long conversations. You don’t have to worry about someone wanting your table (or if they do and you are a regular, well they can either join you or move on to some place else). My critique partner wants absolute silence while she writes but I prefer to write at a coffee house. All of the coffee houses I now frequent keep a fine selection of teas. I’ll have to check and ensure they have your favorites.

11. Yes, Sheri … let’s get a hot cuppa java and visit. I must have been very young because I don’t remember my first cup. Stopped the milk and sugar a few years ago. Strong, black and sweet … espresso … my fav is Spanish espresso … Pilon. Loved this post and can’t wait until we can sit across from each other and chat over hot liquid. By the ocean would be my preference … in big soft chairs. I’m not against a splash of booze in my coffee … but that too is something I had to give up a while ago 🙂

• Florence – Yes – I can relate to having a jolt in my coffee, especially after dinner. Now I’m thankful for coffee. I don’t drink as much coffee as in my former days, but I don’t want anyone taking it away.

12. Sheryl says:

Somehow blogging and coffee seem to go together. I often have a cup of coffee at my side when working on my blog–or when reading others’ blogs.

• Sheryl – Coffee goes with just about anything for me. Of course there’s several varieties to select from. There’s that first cup in the morning that gets the system going. From there on I alternate between coffee and skinny lattes chased with diet coke. If I do say so myself, I’m getting pretty good with the lattes but I never miss an opportunity to head to a coffee house.

13. If I ever get up your way, Sheri, I’d love to have a coffee date with you. It’s guaranteed good music & interesting conversation. 🙂