I’LL BE AWAY

I’ll be away for an undetermined amount of time. The surgeon tells me it could be six weeks or six months. I’m thinking positive and made a large purchase of office supplies today.

I’ve been working with Dragon. We’re not on a first-name basis. Hopefully we’ll become intimate.

I’m looking forward to this surgery. Chronic pain and I are not friends. I have high hopes this surgery will resolve the problem.

Briefly, the pinched nerves in my right elbow will be moved from one side of the elbow to the other. They are the culprit causing the carpel tunnel syndrome. In turn the carpel tunnel syndrome may be what’s causing the neuropathy in the palm of my right hand and it would be marvelous to have feeling again.

During the same surgery, nerves will be repaired in four fingers on the right hand and on top of the same hand.

I’ve been on this particular surgeon’s schedule since mid-December and I pray I’ve waited for the right guy. He’s supposed to be the best in a multiple state area. I’m holding onto my faith.

I recognize many of our returning soldiers from over a decade long war don’t have the luxury of choice I have. They have nothing left to work with other than artificial limbs. The loss of the use of my right arm and hand has given me a new understanding of what I expected of my right hand and arm in my everyday life.

I miss my right hand and all that goes with it every day.

Most of all, I miss being able to feel my husband’s face. I miss being able to keep up with my fair share of responsibilities around the house. I miss gardening and I miss holding a book comfortably. I long to pick up my little dog and hold her close and remind her every day how much I love her. But most of all, I miss touch and how it feels. I miss feeling the keys under my fingers as I type and the list goes on . . .

Until I return with new blogs of my own, I’ll continue reading your blogs. My comments will be brief, if any. Know that I’m out here and I treasure each and every one of you. Your blogging friend, Sheri

Aside | This entry was posted in Slice Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to I’LL BE AWAY

1. kyrian777 says:

God is faithful. God bless you!

2. Sheri, I really understand how unnerving a situation like this can be. I appreciate how you were able to think of and pray for our military who come home with metal for limbs. Yes, we just don’t know what we’ve got til it’s gone. . .May you be blessed abundantly and prayers that your recovery is sooner rather than later.

SandyO

3. This coming week will be a good indication of how the hand and arm hold up.

4. lisaelskerarvid says:

Så vakker blogg du har kjære💗 inspirerende og nydelig😄

5. Pingback: I’LL BE AWAY | Ta hendene til din kjære – se på dem og hold dem hardt Disse hendene skal du følge, leie og lede. Du skal få føle på varmen fra dem og kjenne en inderlig glede. De skal stryke deg og de skal holde rundt deg – de er ikke skap

6. Pingback: Most Influential Blogger Award | Ajaytao 2010

7. Robyn Lee says:

Oh dearest Sheri… I am sending you so much love and healing energy for this surgery. It sounds like you did your homework and this surgeon is very competent… you have waited so long too… May this resolve your pain — and all the challenge that goes with living in such a state daily… I understand (as you know) … please keep me posted. I’m assuming it is peripheral nerve surgery… delicate indeed. Blessings and Love to you dear one ~ Robyn

8. ajaytao2010 says:

I Nominate for Most Influential Blogger Award
    please accept and oblige

9. terry1954 says:

I hope your surgery and recovery is everything you hope it will be. Take care

10. You have 100% of my support friend ~ Get better and, never think negative! By what I read on your BIO, YOU’RE a fighter so, please keep focusing and taking one extra step forward ! You will be in my prayers friend ~ Sincerely Deborah

How are things going? Checking in to see if we’ll be hearing from you soon. Therapy going alright?

• Nice to hear from you. Therapy is a torture chamber but I have the use of 2 fingers and a thumb. The re-channeling of pinched nerves is taking longer to heal. I hope to begin blogging next week using an i-Pad. We’ll see how that goes. I’ve been experimenting today. I’ve had a couple other set backs in the recovery but am determined to push ahead. I am not ready to give up this fight. It helps knowing you and my other blogging friends care. Thank you.

12. narhvalur says:

Wish you a speedy recovery, health is sooo important!

Hurray! Glad to hear you’re on the upside of surgery and recovering. May the good news continue and blog posts return soon. Hope all continues to go well.

14. SingleFocus says:

God is Good! I don’t know too many people who can type 70 words a minute with 2 good hands! I pray you have amazing pain relief !

15. The Mouse says:

Get well soon. Take care.

16. That sounds like an incredible piece of surgery and I hope your recovery passes well, you will really be discovering what so many of take fro granted, how much life changes when a limb is compromised. I wish you a healthy, happy healing process and all that feeling to return. Bonne Courage Sheri.

17. ladysighs says:

Thanks for the recent visit to my blog. I am sure so many are hoping you are doing better.

• Thanks for stopping by to visit with me also. I hope to return soon but this business of recovery is slow. I love your poetry but understand that we must honor our own blogging schedules. I’ve asked to be notified when you post – and look forward to reading your writing. I particularly enjoyed The Oak Door.

• ladysighs says:

I wrote a reply to this, but when I looked it didn’t go through. 😦
        Thank you for the kind words about my poetry. I don’t consider myself a poet. Just a dabbler…nothing serious. Reading a lot of blogs makes one think they can do the same thing. lol
        I had never heard of WP until last summer. It can be good or bad. The good part is learning new things and meeting others. The not so good part is the time spent. I tried to slow down some, but found I was always trying to catch up.
        I never did find out what or who was behind that Door. 🙂

As much as we try, I don’t think any words can express exactly how we feel for you and hope for your recovery. Keep up that logical, sturdy chin of yours that we have all learned to admire.

19. Missing you and hope all is going better than you expected.
    And just to let you know that you are linked to ‘A Sixfold Thankyou’ on The Hurt Healer

20. You will be in my prayers Sheri. Wishing you s speedy recovery.
    *Big hugs*

21. Herman says:

Wishing you all the best and a good recovery.

22. Thank you, Cheryl. I’m allowed at the keyboard for an hour 2 x day now – but it’s still slow going. Thank you for stopping in. I hope all is well with you and your family.

23. Sheryl says:

It’s good to hear that you are reading typing one-handed and reading blogs. My thoughts are with you. I look forward to your first post-surgery post.

24. Thank you. I check on a few blogs each day now but am still a one handed typist. I enjoy your photos.

25. Patsy says:

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

26. JK Bevill - Lost Creek Publishing says:

I wish you well Sheri!

27. Can’t wait for your first post back, Sheri! Hope you’re doing well. Sounds like you and the Dragon haven’t made friends yet. Perhaps if you sacrificed a hobbit? 🙂

28. Sheri, I read this when you first posted it and, like usual, thought I commented. Duh.

You’re in my thoughts and I’m sending huge hugs and well wishes your way for a speedy recovery. When you’re all healed, we’ll be here waiting for you. Until then, rest up! No typing for you, my friend. I’m picturing you typing with one hand and trying not to giggle. Seriously, let your body heal. Hugs.

29. Patty B says:

Sheri my prayers will be with you – I am sending you long distance hugs from Pennsylvania.

30. Sebastian says:

Be well Sheri, I am praying for your total healing! You will be able to touch and feel your hubby’s face again soon (love that). You may be interested in my latest post: http://faith1stministries.com/2013/02/17/time-to-receive-your-healing/.
    Blessings to you!

31. I’m late in responding, but you’ll be in my heart and prayers, Sheri. I hope all goes well and your recovery is on the short end. We will definitely miss you while you’re away and will eagerly be looking forward to your return. It’s going to feel strange not getting my usual dose of your blogs! Take care, my friend!

32. You are in my heart and thoughts, Sheri. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

33. Wishing you a successful operation and a very speedy and complete recovery Sheri.

34. Hi Sheri – you are in my prayers and look forward to our chats whenever you feel up to it. Best wishes to Tom. We’ll all be praying that your surgery fixes you right up!

35. I pray that all will go well with the surgery and the recovery. God bless you, Sheri.

36. You will be so missed, Sheri. I know this has been a long journey and I keep good thoughts that this time you reach that destination to “touch” and feel and be free of pain. Be well and heal quickly, my friend 🙂

37. christicorbett says:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Christi Corbett

38. I know you’ll be just fine, Sheri, and my positive thoughts will follow you along your road to recovery. I’ll miss you. I’ll have a cup of coffee at Starbucks in your honor.

Sheri, I will certain miss reading your pithy posts and will pray for healing while I wait for your return.

40. Here’s to a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Do your rehab even if it hurts. All the Best.

41. lignumdraco says:

All the best for the surgery. And please don’t rush the recovery unnecessarily.

42. You will be missed. Prayers for a quick recovery. Xoxo paula

A speedy recovery to you, Sheri!
    Looking forward to hearing all about the successful surgery and healing.
    I’ll miss you!

44. I wish you all the best!!

45. Uzoma says:

You’ll be sorely missed, Sheri. But then, this is an important road you have to take. May healing and His love be yours. I wish to see you back happy and blogging again.

46. I echo Jodi’s sentiments entirely. prayers for a skilled surgeon a painless rehab and speedy recovery. You will be missed my friend but most importantly take care of yourself, do as the surgeon says and know you are loved ~~Len

47. Sending you prayers and good thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Let us know if there is anything any of us can do – look forward to your blogging again soon!
    Jodi