The Abundance Of It All
Best Moment Award
By Sheri de Grom
I’m blessed to have received the Best Moment Award from three of my blogging friends. I encourage you to meet Len at http://myownheart.me/2013/03/27. I was also nominated by Ajaytao and am sure you’ll be delighted with his blog. You may read a blog by Ajaytao at http://ajaytao2010.wordpress.com/2013/04/03. Imagine my delight when I was also awarded the Best Moment Award by my lovely friend Deborah who has one of the most beautiful blogs along with exquisite words. You may read her blog here: http://girlwiththepen118.wordpress.com/2013/04/13.
I’m thrilled that these five individuals believe I’m worthy of this prestige’s award. The qualifications for winning are:
- Live in the moment.
- Write and capture life.
- Remind ourselves of what really matters.
- Know how to savor the experience of quality time.
- Winners re-post the above qualifications.
- Prepare a statement of how your blog meets the above requirements.
- Pass the award on to seven bloggers you believe meet the above criteria.
It’s taken me years to learn to live in the moment. Often it’s much easier to relive selective events from the past or dream about the future. I’ve learned some of life’s most precious moments can be missed by living that way. The present is the only time we honestly can call our own.
I attempt to capture the best in life with some of my slice of life blogs and most definitely my book reviews. I love reading and sharing those reads with others.
I am bold and passionate about many issues. Most recently I’ve spent endless hours advocating for gun control and against new regulations governing federal retirements. On the state level, I’m passionate about continued funding for Planned Parenthood.
Savoring quality time; so important to slow down and remember to listen to the sound of silence. To insure that I appreciate the beauty of my gardens and not just their quality. Nothing is more important than putting my pen down or moving away from the computer when my husband would like to spend time with me. I remind myself, nothing is more important than savoring simple moments in time.
Thank you Len, Ajay, Deborah, Shaun and Jrosen for nominating me for the Best Moment Award. I now pass the award along to seven bloggers whose blogs I particularly enjoy. Please visit their blogs as well as the blogs of Len, Ajay, Deborah, Shaun and Jrosen.
- http://esengasvoice.wordpress.com Ese – Thoughts, memories, impressions and adventures unleashed.
- http://greenhornphotos.com Scott – A fantastic photo shop.
- http://gongjumonica.wordpress.com Monica – Random thoughts of a bookworm and an aspiring diplomat.
- http://ligumdraco.wordpress.com Etcetra – About nothing in particular, and more than a few photographs by Lignum. Don’t miss the black and white of the old man and the sea and the couple at the sea titled, Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood. My favorite black and white photography of all time.
- http://holdouts.wordpress.com Julia – Commutes by muscle in fifty-two weeks.
- http://annaleawest.com – Anna – Life is funny, even when it’s not.
- http://fromthefog.wordpress.com – Dave Walker – One man’s journey through life dealing with fibromyalgia.
I hope each of you find the time to pass this award along to fellow bloggers.