THE ABUNDANCE OF IT ALL

The Abundance Of It All
Best Moment Award
By Sheri de Grom

BEST MOMENT AWARDI’m blessed to have received the Best Moment Award from three of my blogging friends. I encourage you to meet Len at http://myownheart.me/2013/03/27. I was also nominated by Ajaytao and am sure you’ll be delighted with his blog. You may read a blog by Ajaytao at http://ajaytao2010.wordpress.com/2013/04/03. Imagine my delight when I was also awarded the Best Moment Award by my lovely friend Deborah who has one of the most beautiful blogs along with exquisite words. You may read her blog here: http://girlwiththepen118.wordpress.com/2013/04/13.

I was preparing to pass long this award when two additional nominations arrived. One is from Jen at http://jrosenberry1.wordpress.com  and the other from Shaun at http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com

I’m thrilled that these five individuals believe I’m worthy of this prestige’s award. The qualifications for winning are:

• Live in the moment.
  • Write and capture life.
  • Remind ourselves of what really matters.
  • Know how to savor the experience of quality time.

RULES:

1. Winners re-post the above qualifications.
  2. Prepare a statement of how your blog meets the above requirements.
  3. Pass the award on to seven bloggers you believe meet the above criteria.

MY STATEMENT:

It’s taken me years to learn to live in the moment. Often it’s much easier to relive selective events from the past or dream about the future. I’ve learned some of life’s most precious moments can be missed by living that way. The present is the only time we honestly can call our own.

I attempt to capture the best in life with some of my slice of life blogs and most definitely my book reviews. I love reading and sharing those reads with others.

I am bold and passionate about many issues. Most recently I’ve spent endless hours advocating for gun control and against new regulations governing federal retirements. On the state level, I’m passionate about continued funding for Planned Parenthood.

Savoring quality time; so important to slow down and remember to listen to the sound of silence. To insure that I appreciate the beauty of my gardens and not just their quality. Nothing is more important than putting my pen down or moving away from the computer when my husband would like to spend time with me. I remind myself, nothing is more important than savoring simple moments in time.

Thank you Len, Ajay, Deborah, Shaun and Jrosen for nominating me for the Best Moment Award. I now pass the award along to seven bloggers whose blogs I particularly enjoy. Please visit their blogs as well as the blogs of Len, Ajay, Deborah, Shaun and Jrosen.

MY NOMINEES:

I hope each of you find the time to pass this award along to fellow bloggers.

This entry was posted in Book Reviews. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to THE ABUNDANCE OF IT ALL

1. quirkybooks says:

Congratulation on your award.

2. 최다해 gongjumonica says:

Congratulations on the award!

3. Congratulations, Sheri! A reward YOU deserve!

4. A well deserved award! I’m thrilled for you.

5. ladysighs says:

Beautiful thoughts and words from so many friends. Wishing you more wonderful Best Moments.

6. scott2608 says:

Congratulations and well done!

To have passion is to live life!
    Congrats on your awards, Sheri!

8. you’re very worthy! We love your soul! xo thank you for your strength and examples ~ xo

9. Carolyn Dekat says:

Congrats, Sheri! I am a newbie here but I do love your posts. It will be fun to check out the other blogs, too.

10. Dave Walker says:

Sheri- Thank you so much for this wonderful award. And to recieve it on my Mother’s Day post was a much added bonus. Iwill wok this week on gettingthis one out there. 🙂

11. Sheri, congratulations !! You are all that and so much more. I truly believe you inspire many of us who read your blog regularly. You also provide us with some of the best book reviews on the net. I think your comment about putting down the pen and stepping away speaks to all of us who juggle way too much and often need to give it a rest 🙂 Thanks again !!

• Florence – Awe shucks. I’m the one that keeps learning and growing by way of all the wonderful bloggers I’ve met here in the world of wordpress. I met you way back in the beginning and wouldn’t miss one of your blogs for the world. When it’s Wednesday, I know to look for your marvelous stories. Thanks for staying with me as I move through this universe.

12. Paula – Thanks for stopping by. If our passions were all the same, what a stagnant world this would be. Think of all the people that would be shoved aside because no one cared about them or fought for their rights. And, yes – nothing is more than the precious moments I have to spend with my husband. You wrote a brilliant blog a while back about we never know just when those moments might slip away, never to return and I’ve experienced that so many times. It never matters to me if I’m in the middle of a story line – if my husband has something he wants to share or wants to simply go for a ride, the pen is put away and the computer is shut down. I always appreciate your comments.

13. While our passions might be opposite……I cherish this statement you make “Nothing is more important than putting my pen down or moving away from the computer when my husband would like to spend time with me. I remind myself, nothing is more important than savoring simple moments in time.” ♥ Congrats to you, friend.

14. Congrats on your award … and awwwwww!! … thank you for passing it along to me! That means so much to me and I want you to know I appreciate it very much 🙂

Congrats on all of the fantastic awards, Sheri! Well deserved!!

16. jrosenberry1 says:

Wow — congratulations for all the nominations! Very much deserved. 🙂

17. Deb says:

Well deserved, Sheri!…Congrats! 🙂
    Have a great week! 🙂

18. lignumdraco says:

Thank you so very much for your extremely kind words. I’m flattered, humbled and blushing all at once. Thank you again.

19. utesmile says:

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog, a warm welcome. I see we have some blog friends in common. Congratulations to your award. Wishing you a lovley day! Ute

20. prayingforoneday says:

Brilliant acceptance speech..

x

21. Ajaytao2010 says:

22. Len – Thank you so much for the award. I didn’t mean to take so long in getting it posted to pass on – somehow life seemed to catch me unaware all of a sudden.

23. Love to you my friend you deserve this award multiple times as you have impacted me with memorable moments over and over.

24. Hi, Patti. I worked hard trying to make sure all of the links worked before posting this award blog. Each individual posts truly wonderful blogs. I had a hard time getting Lignum’s link to highlight and use a copy and paste to get it to work. I suggest you go to the internet and type in his name: Lignum Draco and this will pull up a direct link to his blog. Additionally, I’ll forward you a message the next time I receive a notice that he’s posted a new blog (he posts nearly everyday). As I said in my blog, he is my favorite black and white photographer of all time.

25. Congratulations on ALL of those awards. Good Golly Miss Molly! That’s a ton of congrats to you.
    I wanted to follow Ese and don’t understand how to and tried to follow Lignum and it wouldn’t work. Any ideas?

26. words4jp says:

Congrats. This is a truly lovely post, with some wonderful words to take to heart. I am honored to be a follower. 🙂

27. Terry says:

A big congratulation to you my friend!