MULTIPLE AWARDS

The Abundance of It All

Flying high to distribute awards .

Flying high to distribute awards .

Word Press Family Award
Dragon Loyalty Award
Influential Blogger Award
By:  Sheri de Grom

It’s past time for me to begin passing on the bounty of awards I’ve received in the past few months.  I’m truly honored to have received so many. In offering them, my fellow bloggers

Wordpress Family Award X2

WordPress Family Award X2

validate what I write and they lift me up. Though I will admit passing on awards requires a tremendous amount of time.

For me, the best part of discovering someone has passed on an award is the anticipation of suddenly having a brand new list of bloggers to explore and follow if I so desire. Perhaps their authors will follow me back and in doing so a new blogging friendship is formed.

The first award, the Word Press Family Award is a relatively new award. It was developed by Shaun of http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com.

I was nominated for the Word Press Family Award by Jay at http://ajaytao2010.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/ and by Deborah at http://girlwiththepen118.wordpress.com/2013/04/13. Please check out Jay and Deborah’s blogs. You’ll be delighted.

The rules for the Word Press Family Award are:

1. Display the logo on your blog.

2. Link back to the person who nominated you.

3. Nominate 10 others who have had an impact on your Word Press experience and family.

4. Let the 10 family members know you have awarded them.

I invite you to follow not only Shaun, Jay and Deborah but the ten bloggers I nominate below.

1. Mae Clair

2. Kitt Crescendo

3. Florence Fois

4. G. P. Cox

5. Carolyn Dekat

6. Sandra Bellamy

7. Robyn Gabel

8. J.K. Bevill

9. Alicia Coleman

10.David Walker

Thanks to all I’ve nominated for the Word Press Family Award for making my time on Word Press enjoyable and meaningful.

The Dragon Loyalty Award was a complete surprise to me. I had to go to the internet and check out exactly why I’d been nominated.

I was nominated for the Dragon Loyalty Award by Deborah of http://girlwiththepen118/wordpress.com. If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Deborah, I encourage you to do so now. Her blogs are always uplifting and she’s a loyal blogging friend.

Thinking about the Dragon Loyalty Award I focused on who I wanted to nominate. Like the dragon, they must be loyal, tough, fighters, and they must love the warmth of a fire and are territorial of their cave. The defining traits of a dragon are also the characteristics of artists to include bloggers.

The rules for the Dragon Loyalty Award are:

1. Display the award certificate on your website.
  2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
  3. Present the award to 15 deserving bloggers.
  4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
  5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.

My 15 nominations are the 10 bloggers I listed above and the 5 new ones I list below:

1. Patti                                                 DRAGON AWARD
  2. Cheryl
  3. Eyoalha
  4. Arlene
  5. Jodi

And now—seven new facts about myself:

1. I’m a bottled-water snob.
  2. My favorite place in the world is Carmel, California.
  3. I grew up in the Flint Hills area of southeastern Kansas.
  4. I’m a firm believer in the necessity of families having a sit-down evening meal together without television, telephones or other outside interruption.
  5. I prefer the beach to the mountains but enjoy both.
  6. I’m an insomniac. A normal bedtime for me is around 4:00 a.m. and even then I must read for a while to slow the endless racing of my mind.
  7. I’ve either lived in or traveled extensively in eighteen countries.

Thank you Deborah for nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.

The third award is the Most Influential Blog Award. I’m sending out a special thank you to Shaun at http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/2013/04/01, Jay at http://ajayato2010.wordpress.com/2013/03/31 and Jane at http://http://johannisthinking.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award.

The Most Influential Blog Award is relatively simple. The rules are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
  2. Display the award on your blog.
  3. List five things that have influenced you in some way.
  4. Nominate other bloggers (no specific number) who have influenced you.

I’ve been influenced by:

1. The moral code of the open range, of the cowboy. My parents lived and taught by this example.
  2. Knowing there’s no such thing as too much education.
  3. Unconditional love is worth any amount of sacrifice.
  4. I cannot take my health for granted. It can be taken away at any moment.
  5. To be happy I must have: unconditional love, music, beautiful gardens, endless supply of books to read, friends, and someone to clean my house (not necessarily in that order). None of the above mean anything (with the exception of unconditional love) if I don’t have my health.

I now pass the Most Influential Blog to:    most influential blogger X  3

1. Mae Clair
  2. Marney
  3. Patti
  4. Sandy
  5. Julia
  6. Renee
  7. Denise

Thanks to all for these awards.

About sheridegrom - From the literary and legislative trenches.

This entry was posted in Awards and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to MULTIPLE AWARDS

1. Congratulations. Re. “Facts about myself”, we have perfect match for items: 4, 6 and 7 (exactly 18 till now!!). Good day to you, Sheri.

• Hello – Joseph, thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. I had to go back to my blog to see how the numbers matched up – it was interesting reviewing what I’d written several months ago but everything is still true with the exception of number ’18’. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ve been neglectful in submitting several awards and it’s time for me to get busy and do so. My favorite part of reading award blogs is that I always find new bloggers ‘of quality’ I want to follow when someone posts awards. The award blogs do take time to put together but I’m preparing a couple for the future that will have multiple receipents. Are you interested in having me add your name to the awards receipents? I would be more than delighted to introduce you to my followers. Sheri

2. bryskates says:

Keep up the good work!

3. Of course, Marney. You are a natural.

4. Congrats, Sheri on your many awards. And thank you for thinking of me.

Congrats!! You’re a hard worker and deserve the honors.

6. 최다해 gongjumonica says:

Congratulations, Sheri! You deserve all of them. And wow, 18 countries!

7. lisaelskerarvid says:

😃💗gratulerer

8. kyrian777 says:

Congratulations Sheri . Keep it up!

Congrats, Sheri! And thank you so much for the shout-out! 😉
    I enjoyed learning a few new things about you (18 countries!! wow!!) and having some new blogs to check out!

10. Thank You. There’s another big blog post for awards coming up (I just bet your name is going to be included). I had several that filtered in all within a three month time frame and simply couldn’t get a handle on them.

11. words4jp says:

Congrats! i enjoyed reading your facts and list of influences:)

12. From one insomniac to another, hearty congratulations for all of your awards! I appreciate your visits to my blog, Sheri, and I wish you all the best! ~ Christy

Ha ha! Thank you and Congratulations! I pictured you as a good time manager, and now you’ve reinforced that image with a bounteous Blog Award Special Post. I appreciate your tackling issues of the day, mixing personal experience with professional background. Good work and best wishes —

14. Congratz Sheri! Well deserved! Lovely to read the facts about you. And thank you so much for nominating me!
    Hugz to you!

15. Congratulations, Sheri! You are accumulating quite the trophy shelf and every single award is well-deserved.

• Patricia – Thanks for stopping by. Several awards stacked up while I was simply doing research and writing and living life. It’s funny how these things can seem to run over me when I’m not looking. The one thing I really like about the awards is discovering a lot of new people that I otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity of getting to know.

16. Terry says:

A big congratulations!!!!!

17. Your awards are much deserved, I hope you gain many new followers as a result.

Congrats on all of your awards, Sheri, they are so well deserved. And thank you so much for the many generous nominations. I loved your answer about the moral code of the open range and how unconditional love is worth any sacrifice. It’s always wonderful seeing more and more facets of your wonderful personality. You rock, lady!

19. NotDownOrOut says:

Thanks, Sheri. What a nice surprise. Cheryl

20. Patti – you are more than welcome. Gee, if everyone was at the keyboard when my blog went out the same as you and Florence – I wouldn’t need to do notifications! I counted wrong on the countries. Make that 19. They are: Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Norway, Spain, England, Belgium, Austria, France, Portugal, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Romania, Vietnam, Greece and Cyprus. I only count countries that I’ve spent at least three months in. I think that’s the minimum amount of time an individual can even begin to have an understanding of culture, etc. I loved living and working abroad.

21. Congratulations, Sheri, for your awards! Wow! And thank you so much for passing the “Dragons Loyalty Award” on to me. You are so kind. I’d love to know what those 18 countries are that you’ve visited. We can compare notes.

22. Florence – You reached me before I had the opportunity to notify you that I’d pased on the two awards. You are a master with your storytelling on your blog and I don’t want others to miss out on discovering you!

23. Ajaytao2010 says:

24. “I’m a firm believer in the necessity of families having a sit-down evening meal together without television, telephones or other outside interruption.”

My hat is off to you!

25. Ah, Sheri … you got me twice I see :):) Two smiles for you then. Okay, I love those little known facts about you and I am most appreciative you nominated me. This is like a game of tag … so I’ll have to keep the ball rolling when I post this. Thanks for a very “rewarding” post:)

26. Ajaytao2010 says:

Nice reading about you

Thanks for visiting my blog. Be in touch. Browse through the category sections, I feel you may find something of your interest.

• Ajaytao – Wanted you to know I hadn’t forgotten about your generosity when handing out awards. Thank you my friend. Your blog is definitely an example of how to gain loyal followers in a short amount of time. You are kind and loving to all and always respond to all post. Thank you for being my virtual friend.

• Ajaytao2010 says:

thank you so much dear you are an elder sister to me always guiding you little brother with love and compassion

love Ajay

27. Congratulations again, my friend. And thanks for the nod!

28. Deb says:

Congrats on all the awards, Sherri…well deserved!
    xx