Changing The Name Game

I agree that it’s time we change the way we select names for natural disasters. Are they really natural or are we causing each event?

FiftyFourandAHalf

A perfect weapon.  Because, after all, what’s in a name?

My thanks for this video, and for being the first person to encourage me to start a blog, goes to my friend and colleague Bao.

View original post

This entry was posted in Author Opinion, Reblogged Post and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Changing The Name Game

Powerful and important like all of your posts Sheri~

2. ventisqueras says:

interessing

3. This is a special kind of awesome (kind of like you, Sheri!). To deny there is climate change is ludicrous. I’m all for naming natural disasters after the people who can’t believe what is right in front of them.

• Hi Tameri – Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it with all you have on your plate. Your summer ‘Project Story’ is full of all types of awesomeness. I often read it when I’m waiting for medical appointments for Tom and always whoever is near me whats to know what I’m reading and the graphics at the top always gets them. When politicians can’t or refuse to do anything about the dangers we are in–it’s definitely time to send them home IMO.

4. Lignum Draco says:

Interesting concept/idea. Although I have no idea who any of these people are and perhaps in some perverse way, they might enjoy being made “famous”. Thanks for sharing.

• Hello to one of the favorite photographist of all time. The people in the video are United States elected officials that refuse to believe the warming of the climent could possible have anything to do with the warming climent or the natural disasters being thrown around all over the world. Congress has the power to allocate funds to study and shore up some of the problems and concentrate on infrastructure in our country. We need the individuals mentioned in the video to go home from congress. Why borrow money from China to bomb Syria when we have major issues within the boundary of the United States that are desperate for help.

5. Joe says:

What a great idea and video Sheri I am 100% behind this. It’s just goes to show you that common sense is not that common, specifically after watching these buffoons.

6. Kavita Joshi says:

good article with some good insight in the topic dear..thank you so much for sharing Sheri…how have you been my friend?

7. Great info! Thank you ! How are dear friend ?

8. Seems a bit mean-spirited, but it’s funny and VERY well produced! And upon seeing the nice people named Andrew / Sandy / Ivan / Katrina who’ve been reviled, I agree we should change the naming system…maybe something less hurtful like A1, B2, C3, and so on?

9. I, too, think that naming hurricanes after people who don’t believe the climate is changing is a super idea. Who thought of this? It’s genious.

10. Elyse says:

Thanks for re-blogging this, Sheri. It’s time to call a spade a spade and a crazy person “Michelle Bachmann!”