MORTI AND ME

November is National Caregiver Month and I find it’s the perfect time for me to take a break from blogging. I’ll still be around reading blogs, commenting here and there and I have some housekeeping chores to take care of on my own blog. I also plan to spend time with Tom, organize parts of my pile management along with coming up with an idea of how to handle the 30,000+ messages in my in-box. Many I’ll delete of course but others need to go into folders for later research and on and on. I also may pop in with some blogs I’ve stumbled across and simply leave you the link. These are blogs I believe are worth reading (but that’s simply my opinion). The gardens need additional preparation for winter and I want to curl up with my precious shih tzu, our afghan, a great book and something delicious to drink.
I’m wishing you wonderful holidays and I’ll see you around the blog. Love to all, Sheri

Sheri Lawrence de Grom

Morti and Me
Slice Of Life

Four decades ago, on a Thanksgiving morning, I met one of the greatest loves of my life.

It all started as “let’s play a joke on Sheri” and ended twenty-seven years CAT IN WINDOW later with my being a better person for having been loved and owned by a tabby cat with the name of Mortichi Muffin Mouse-Catcher Bowser-Brown. (Morti for short).

My first paid writing gig came about from my being in the right place at the right time and being high on life. Mortichi filled my life with love and laughter.

I’d hired into StarKist Foods on Terminal Island, California (across the bridge from San Pedro, and near Los Angeles harbor). How I convinced the head of the accounting department I’d make a great addition to their department I’ll never know. I’d never bothered to balance my own…

View original post 912 more words

This entry was posted in Book Reviews. Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to MORTI AND ME

1. You are wonderful! and even afghans are quite interesting! hope you did enjoy your break!
    warmly, Luana

• Luana – Thanks for stopping in and reading with me. One day I’ll get to take a real break, it just didn’t happen this time. I did have a break from blogging but the rest of my world was filled with emergency rooms and chasing doctors for Tom. However, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m always blessed to have the extra energy and strength required to seek out care for Tom I might have missed otherwise.

2. Did you get everything done? I Used to think I take care of all that stuff when I no longer drove somewhere to work. That didn’t happen. Maybe when I’m dead. Yeah. There’s a good time to catch up!

3. Thank you for visiting our Blog Sheri and many blessings for Christmas and the New Year, enjoy your Holiday, I will be in touch when you get back to blogging.

Christmas Love – Anne

4. Happy holidays! What are you reading? I’m just finishing Jonathan Haidt’s The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics. It’s pretty good.

May you be healthy and cozy this holiday season, may your gardening chores fall on sunny days. Cheers.

• It’s a little crazy. The Morti comments are arriving on different blogs. Haidt’s book sounds interesting. I’m currently reading Survival of the Sickest by Sharon Moalem with Jonathan Prince. It’s an interesting read and a challenge to modern medicine. I’m also reading an advance copy of A Sister To Honor by Lucy Ferriss. The publisher sent it to me for review. The story line is excellent and she’s done her research. I probably wouldn’t know and would have to do a lot of fact checking but my critique partner writes thrillers set in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and so forth.
      Hope your holidays are all you could hope for.

5. AinaBalagtas says:

This world is a better place, because of the heart and passion you share, Sheri. Happy holidays!

6. mihrank says:

this is such a deep, gifted valuable introduction. Hope this holiday will bring you much more success, happiness and health! Joy to the world!

You are such a gifted writer!

Enjoy the break – I took advantage of mine and got caught up with life. You do the same.

9. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and Tom! Loved the account about the kitten. Maybe someone knew you would be spending a long, lonely weekend at that office. Hope you enjoy your blog break as much as I did mine.

10. Angie Mc says:

Sweet story, Sheri! I have similar stories around the 2 cats in my life, Max (when I was a young adult) and Leon who is still with us. Cats find us 😀 Have a terrific break and I look forward to connecting soon ❤

Happy holidays. Enjoy your much-deserved break.

12. Sheri, I’ll be joining you in a blog break after the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I will think of you and hope you and Tom have a Blessed Thanksgiving and a Joyous Holiday. You are an inspiration I have come to depend upon. So rest your “little gray cells” and be back stronger and ready to fight the good fight. My love to Tom 🙂

13. Good luck, Sheri going through your 30,000+ Blogging requires a lot of time and taking a break is a way to rejuvenate and take care of other parts of our lives in order to be balanced. I am sometimes overwhelmed by blogging and have to remind myself to chill. Have a well deserved break and happy holidays. 🙂

14. M-R says:

Someone who knew you better than you knew yourself, it seems, Sheri, had left him there for you. How utterly wonderful !!!
    I hope your break provides you with a lot of winding-down and relaxation !

15. Great talking to you yesterday. Enjoy the blog break. Think I’ll take one too after my next interview. Good idea!

16. Lignum Draco says:

Apart from doing everything you’ve listed, please take some time to relax and look after yourself. 🙂
    Enjoy your break.

You deserve the rest, Sheri. (Funny, when I woke up this morning I was thinking about you and Tom and planned on emailing you, but I’m not going to interfere with your holiday vacation!! Enjoy and give Tom my best!!)

• Merry Christmas, G.P., I can always trust you’ll stop by. I notice an e-mail in my in-basket and I do have it from 38,000+ down to 19,000+. I’ve paid attention to each message. If it’s junk, then it is disposed of properly. If it needs to go into a folder, there it goes. Should I no longer wish to read a news link – I must unsubscribe and on and on. I needed to do all of this long ago.
      I do have news for you and will get over to your message but it just might be tomorrow. Tom has been ill since before Thanksgiving – actually since before my break started and we’re still dealing with this episode yet another mystery illness. And, please never feel you are intruding.

18. Miss you already, but enjoy your hiatus!

19. Have a splendid holiday Sheri! I wish happiness, joy, peace and calm to your holidays. 🙂

20. Enjoy your time off, Sheri!!!

21. Enjoy your Thanksgiving curled up with your shih tzu, under your afghan, with a great book and something delicious to drink. Sounds divine.

22. Have a wonderful break to do all the things you want to do, Sheri, and hello to Tom from me.

enjoy your break and i look forward to your return, sheri )

24. Enjoy your break! And what a lovely baby Morti was…. you were so blessed!

25. Bruce Goodman says:

Have a wonderful blog-break and a fantastic holiday season!